Monday, March 27, 2006

I gotta not stop doing this

It started out so simply - lastfm showed I'd been listening to The King, so I went off Googling to see if he has a third album, and the next thing you know I find bringmetheheads, which is kinda cool, and left me with a queue of possible downloads, and then, and I really have to stop downloading the stuff. There is so much of it I haven't even listened to yet, and when you do, some of it sounds like Neil Diamond's new shite. (Very well produced, better than he's ever sounded, but you can't make a sow's purse out of a silk ear. I just can't help hearing the lighters all over it.)

But then you stumble across a bluegrass tribute to Pink Floyd, and well you just have to download that in its entirety, it screams out to be heard at reasonable quality.

While finding that I was on the trail of the more obvious Trance Remixes, but the joy of Pickin On them means I couldn't resist, and downloaded the full album there too. Well, it's gonna be hard to go wrong with my all-time favourite album mixed into loadsa Orb tracks. Well, then again, maybe it might, but I'll take the chance