Tuesday, May 02, 2006

No more shocks, please

Of course if you really want to bounce you could do far worse than going to a Manu Chao show.

While you are waiting for the tour to arrive, I would highly recommend nearly all his albums. Denia from Proxima Estacion Esperanza just popped up on the headphones and caused much further bounciness.

And me with a bad back since the weekend - just the right level of slow sway required for gentle massage. (Better avoid the Manu Negra albums for a few days). And Bongo Bong on Clandestino is another great track - especially recommended when driving with kids.

But driving is another thing to avoid now. I'm convinced all the extra driving lately is what did my back in. After a few hours the left leg gets starts to get uncomfortable. After a few more it starts spreading upwards. And listening to Radio Bemba Sound System means you just have to bounce. So listening to that while driving only increases frustration, discomfort, cramp, ow, ooh me back.

There's another thing I like about music on the net: down here in the arse-end of somewhere we don't get a lot of musical choice - there is not a single Manu Chao album to be had in the entire town. But I got them anyway.